8/24/06

Of dubious worth

Gentle readers,

I was talking to W.C. the other day and upon agreeing that we were both kettles, we proceeded to call each other black (check out the comments on his post titled At Long Last).

Words, of course, did nothing to remedy the sad state of matters. So I must admit when he just yesterday produced a good dose of steel wool for his kettle (*sigh*), my pride and I were consequentially left scrambling about under the sink looking for our own bit of steel wool. After bumping our heads a couple times on the ceiling of the cupboard, all we came out with was a pathetic excuse for steel wool. A blooming wad of rejected plastic shreds.* Grrr.

Ah me. I suppose I wouldn't want to take away from someone else's chance to shine, so I shall make do with what I have.

*scrubs*

There's got to be a few great, moral, and life-changing lessons in this. So...

It's healthy to admit you have a problem.
It's even better when you do something beyond talking about it.
Even if the remedy comes in the terribly painful form of steel wool, believe me, it's worth it. And...
You never know who else you might inspire to follow your lead.
All you have to do now is pray that that unfortunate who followed your lead finds a remedy that works just as well as yours did, and not something that seems as good, but the results produced are only half as good. (plastic vs steel)

So there you have it.


*a plastic pot scrubber

8 comments:

Booker said...

ryc-eye is much better, thanks. and indeed, you never know who you'll influence, just look at poor TripleNine.

as for this post. I always knew he was an evil man, leading many astray. I guess this will teach you to pay attention to him from now on, hahahahahaa...

Laughter said...

Wait, what did I do to "poor" TripleNine??

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Steel wool doable---inserting self into crusher downright terrifying... 8~/

Claire said...

A friend in Bibleschool used to refer to my hair as steel wool. Fairly appropriate, I'm afraid.

Totally random thought...but...somewhat related to this post.

I MISS YOU!

Laughter said...

You better not come back...

TripleNine said...

I believe Ged is referring to me not realizing I was influencing you. And I'm definitely poor. Sniff, sniff....

And personally I find plastic scrubs a good bit funnier than steel wool.

Laughter said...

Ah, I see...

Laughter said...

Second mum, I'm glad it made you smile.

:-D