4/18/07

Tonighttt, tooonightttt...

Well, tonight was fun. Three friends and I went out to dinner and were going to go bowling afterwards, but when we arrived at the alley, we discovered it was a league night. Lots Of People. Oy. So we decided to go kill time for about an hour. Not being sure what to do, we puttered into the middle of town... then I came up with a fabulous idea! How about we go to our local eatery which has an internet connection and hang out in there for a while. We could sit ourselves down and act like we had computers--typing away on the tabletop and pointing out items of interest on the nonexistent screen. Sweeeet. So we did. I can't believe how much fun it was! We got some pretty funny looks. It was later in the evening, so there weren't that many people there, but I think we may have given those who where something to go home and blog about (hehe). Once an employee came over and asked us if we wanted anything to eat (to which we replied in the negative) and they did their best to act as though nothing was out of the ordinary. I mean, the customer is always right, right? No matter how much they look like a mental hospital escapee. Hahaha... there was a lot of stifled laughter from us when they went away.

Then, after we had killed enough time and after we had packed up our invisible computers in their invisible cases, carefully folding up the invisible cords and tucking them away, we blew the joint and went off to the bowl-ery. Lots of people had left by then and we had a lane to ourselves. Fun was had by all.

12 comments:

Laughter said...

Just kidding. We went to Borders and looked at books and other related objects. THEN my friends went bowling. I caught a ride home with someone else because I'm a party pooper. :-P

Kate said...

you are SO SILLY. :-)

Booker said...

well, depending on who you went with, I can see "them" doing something like that :-) Not you though...

Laughter said...

It was Diane, Andrea and Craig, dj. And I would have done it if they would have agreed.

TripleNine said...

Wow! Two posts in a week. You better be careful, people might start to expect things. :)

Laughter said...

No kidding...

drewey fern said...

Awww - you're idea was way cooler. Sigh. :)

Laughter said...

drewey, is that you or did someone hack into your account and comment using your name?

:-P

TripleNine said...

I think if I had been there, I definitely would have voted for your idea :)

Anonymous said...

lol... now that would have been a sight... sorta reminiscent of the movie 'the plank' :D

Mrs. RF said...

You have been "tagged"--come see my blog for rules.

Laughter said...

Blast...