9/6/05

A lil bit of this, a lil bit of that

It's amazing how nice it is to be home. I've been dashing about the country side since February and had been beginning to wonder if I actually had a home. It looks as though I do. At least it's a house in which my family lives... close enough for me. A built in chauffeuring service... yesssss. Kinda like Driving Miss Rachel. Though a bit younger. Sadly, however, I'd much rather be painting the highways red in my glossy lil BMW Z4. Imagine, owning one, but minus the permission to drive?? Oh the pain. Anyway.

A snapshot from today:

It lays in the palm of my hand, this diminutive orb. I dare no let it stay too long for fear it will commence a slow, but certain deposit of its color. By which I mean melt. What happens when something sensitive to heat is placed in contact with... surprise, surprise... heat. I digress. Its color is yellow, with two bold letters printed in white. It carries with it a faint odor, sweet, pleasing. My mouth waters in response to this stimuli. I flip it high into the air, tilt my head back, open my mouth and arrest its downward plunge on my tongue, but not without it nicking my tooth on the way in. Which creates a twinge of pain, but it is by far worth it. I close my mouth, the temperature rises and the hard outer coating melts away to reveal the inner dark heart. Dark, rich, smooth, eye closing flavor. "Mmmmm." Sadly, this bit of heaven is consumed quickly and my disappointment would begin to rise if I did not have a whole bag. A whole bag of them. Hoooooo boooyyyy. What would one do without M&Ms?

8 comments:

Kate said...

awsome.

Booker said...

If we all had to go without M&M's, I suspect mass hysteria and riots would be on order...

Laughter said...

Exactly!

Isaac Demme said...

Very nice!

TripleNine said...

Wow, an inner dark heart, huh? Are you sure you're talking about the M&M's? :)

As for a world without M&M's, I believe that is why Hershey invented the kiss. Ahh, now that is bliss.

Laughter said...

No, aparently I was talking about you, W.C. when it came to the inner dark heart.

Booker said...

You nailed that one laughter! you wouldn't believe what a wicked, terrible sinner he is! I try to keep him on the straight and narrow. Sigh, being a good older brother is a tough job sometimes...

Laughter said...

My pleasure, Ryu. :)