10/15/06

Advice for the day

Don't try to sing in a choir when you have a bad head cold and are feeling very miserable.

First of all, some people might think you look like you're going to keel over when you walk into the room. Secondly, others may say you looked fine up front... when you smiled. I'm not sure I want to know what I looked like when I wasn't smiling. And it's not like it's easy to smile while singing anyway. THEN, after all that, when you open your mouth to sing, one tends to "warble". I really hope I wasn't too close the the mic...

warble... good grief. I think I'm going to go into another profession.

To sum it up: When you have a bad head cold, go to bed and stay there for pete's sake! The world will keep spinning without your help.

4 comments:

Booker said...

ryc-[because I don't know if you'd go back and read my obviously witty reply :-)]-I'm glad you're not me too! I'm betting there are many people who are glad for that!

Hope you feel better soon...

Laughter said...

DJ, of course I'd have gone back to read your witty reply, I'm all about wit. :-P

As for feeling better, thanks, I do. That happened during the Feast, but the memory wouldn't pass, so I figured I'd immortalize it by posting it on my blog. If, of course, posting something on ones blog constitutes immortalization...

TripleNine said...

Why in the world would anyone say things like that to you?! How unthoughtful, insensitive, and hurtful. :)

hahahah I actually laughed quite hard while reading this. With friends like those....

Laughter said...

Evil fiends I have, evil...

but

of course I'm just as bad as they are.