10/23/06

I am so aweesome.

Just to share my humiliation, I have to let everyone know what world I have been living in recently.

I was pushing hard to get TOR done in time to send it out before November rolls around, so last week I was in high gear because I had to have it done by Friday so I could mail it Monday (today). This Monday... because this Monday was the 29th of October. Okaaaay.

It continued. Yesterday, of course, was supposed to be when Daylight Saving Time ended. If today was the 29th, yesterday was the 28th, OBVIOUSLY. Sunday. I slowly got ready for church. I was ready to go with at least an hour and a half extra time, so when I looked out the window about 9:15am and saw Diane walking towards the church I thought to myself, "Oops, I guess she forgot about the time change." A few minutes later, there goes Shawn and sons. "Hmm..." I began to question myself, so I popped online to check to make sure that it actually was the ending of DST. It confirmed that the 28th was indeed correct. A few more minutes, and someone drove up the driveway towards the church. I checked online again, maybe I saw it wrong. Nope, it still marked the 28th. I even changed my clock...

**holds head in hands** gaaahh

So I finally went to my grandma's apartment. She wasn't there. Off to the church I went to scout out the situation. I was still pretty sure I had the date right and was wondering if last Sunday (I wasn't there) they announced church would be at 9:30 this week instead of 10:30... um... I'm not going to go into why I thought that.

I finally made it into church about 12 minutes late. The service had started at 10:30 just like normal, it wasn't waiting for silly me.

Can I blame it on my meds?

Gaaaaaaaaahhhh. I think I'm going to go hide behind the couch. Someone let me know when it's time to eat.

8 comments:

Booker said...

We[that is a royal WE if there was any doubt] were wondering why you waltzed in so late!

!!!!Ka-Sizzle!!!!

That's to teach you about Daylight Savings Time!

KJ said...

Whoohoo! You're so great Rach! Fun times and fun tales!

melrandall said...

Ha HA! That's such a fabulous twist on the age-old DST horror story! I love you!!! So does this mean that you can just sit around for the next week since TOR is all done?

brandywine said...

Ha, ha! I noticed you did have a smirk on your face in church.

Kate said...

that is SO FUNNY! :-) Keep up the good work, old chap!

Anonymous said...

Do you guys get the same garbage over there with DST? Apparently our cows (in Oz) get confused with the times they are supposed to give milk in DST.... the sun is hotter during DST... etc.. any other doozies?

Laughter said...

Mel: Sadly, no, because I seem to have misplaced the address list for TOR. Well, it's neither where it should be in the computer, nor in any other place I've looked. I found the list for KCM, but it has over 450 names and I only produce about 275 copies of TOR.

All this is to say that I sent an earnest email off to T. with the hope that she can shed some light on the subject. In the mean time, I wait.

You can't mail the blooming things without addresses. :-/

Jasonylvn said...

Ha, ha! I noticed you did have a smirk on your face in church.