10/6/05

From the ridiculous to the sublime

Katie, a little something for you.

Terms to use the next time you fall off your bike: schmucked, snorked, yerked, doinked, munched, hunted moles, dug for worms, chewed mud, went nose surfing, communed with the centipede gods, tasted the trail, got a free tattoo, ate a sidewalk sandwich, did a close-up geological survey, hugged the earth, rode the nose hoe, got a topsoil makeover, made a gravity check [just to make sure it still works], became one with the Earth, did a flying dismount, added to my scab collection, used my face brake, sniffed soil, boned [i.e., hit so hard your flesh was ripped to the bone], and made dirt angels. (www.cannondale.com)



For the rest of us:

Cowardly, wayward, and weak,
I change with the changing sky,
Today so eager and strong,
Tomorrow not caring to try.
But He never gives in,
And we two shall win,
Jesus and I.

2 comments:

Isaac Demme said...

Yerk! I love it. Thank you for teaching me this word. I will endeavor to use it in conversation, yerkish though it might become.

Anonymous said...

"Yerk"

HA HA HA HAAANNNNNHHHHHH!!