10/4/05

Sorry, no original title came to mind

I'm back. Mostly in my right mind, whatever that means. The statement "In my right mind" has been firmly changed for me, which is, I suppose, ok. Usually. It gives one a new view on life in any case.

So, a list of observations/thoughts.

-God is good

-I am so richly blessed with so many friends, that I don't know what to do with myself. Except miss them like crazy all the way down here in Georgia. *sniff* Poor pitiful me. If anyone wants to pop down and say hi, I've already paved the way.

-Please, nobody ask me to drive anywhere again. Not for a Very Long Time. The trip home took all of 24 hours. Lisa set her alarm for 11:45pm, we left Fairwood at about 12am, and precisely as we drove into our driveway in warm GA her alarm went off again at the previously set time. Cool, yes? At least I thought so.

-I love the Feast!!! God did some amazing things for me while I was there. I think some of you might have wondered if I was even able to be serious... because I spent a lot of my time acting a bit giddy, or at least, uhm, not serious. But that was only because I was so happy to be there with my friends. 'Friends' is another word to be redefined. Try: People-who-know-the-real-me-and-still-love-me-and-are-(and have been)-there-for-me-through-thick-and-thin... etc. (You, my friends, have been a good part of the reason I am on my feet again.) Also, people who have gone through the thick and thin and are still here, loving God, following Him, not giving up. It's not something at which to sneeze. We hold each other up, in joy, in happy times, in pain, through agony. We don't dash in and shout a quick "Aww, you'll be ok!" We stand by faithfully, because we are following God faithfully.

-Wow, I didn't know I was going to write all that. Glad I did, though.

-Yikes! It's time for me to go to bed. I've got a lot of misplaced sleep to discover.

-One more thing... WORTHY IS THE LAMB!

2 comments:

TripleNine said...

I have to ask, did you visit my site before you wrote this? Or do great minds just think alike? Glad you all made it back without too many problems.

Laughter said...

Great minds, W.C., great minds.

I was surprised when I read yours.