11/23/05

Just a couple pet peeves...

-The incorrect use of grammar: sentences ending with prepositions. Except of course, when in the house Yoda is.

-Please, don't do this either: "I found you're rubber ducky in the wardrobe (you are a rubber ducky? I'm so sorry...)"
"For Sale, egg's, carrot's and bean's! (which leaves one wondering what Egg, Carrot and Bean were selling)"
"I think their is a sugar plum sitting were there cabbages where before (I have no idea what this is supposed to mean)."

-Misplaced or nonexistent punctuation: the classic "Eats, shoots and leaves (talking about the eating habits of pandas)"
"Above the trees rose red against the sky (is Red a person?)"
"I chose the colors pink, green and blue was her first choice (whaaa'..?)"
"Time flies when we are having fun, we are always having fun (sounds like the speaker isn't convinced it's true)."

There's so much more, but I'm starting to annoy myself dredging it all up into list form. Anyone else have some to add?

3 comments:

Booker said...

Yoda Rulez! That pretty much sums it all up...

Anonymous said...

What ticks me off is when "people" spell my name wrong.

Lydia DeSouza said...

people who ride down the escalator and don't step to the side to let the walkers walk past and use the escalator in its created function: to arrive up/downstairs quicker than taking the stairs...don't make me talk physics. But man I feel like lecturing those people.