2/17/06

A new view


Today I ate a chocolate. It was really good. Then I ate another and that one was really good, too. Isn't amazing how some things never change? Then, of course, there is another side. The side where some things do change. Or at least aren't the same all the time (I wonder is there's a difference between the two?). In any case, there is something I wish would change. *looks pitiful* It's cooooold, and the stone floors are cold, and the plaster walls are cold and the air is cold, and my feet are cold, and my fingers are cold, and the heat is controlled by the people living beneath us, and they only put it on for a bit in the evenings. Boo. Hoo. And you thought Israel was always a land of sun and sand and the warm, blue Mediterranean sea dancing along the white sands of the beach. Wrong. Think again. Now I understand why tickets to Israel in the winter/early spring months are so much cheaper. No one in their right mind would want to spend much time in this bone chilling wet cold.
But, you know, who in their right mind would even go to Israel anyway? Dunno...
Anyone want a chocolate?

9 comments:

Laughter said...

Wow, what happened to my picture? It looks like it got eaten and then spit back out again.

Bleh.

Claire said...

Wow- what happened to your HANDS? I guess they have fallen off from the cold.

Chocolates? Yes, please!

So are you saying that you're NOT in your right mind? ( You said, "... who in their right mind would even GO to Israel...")What's the alternative? Are you in your WRONG mind?

I MISS YOU!

Booker said...

I concur. If it weren't for the bible promises, forget Israel...

Laughter said...

Define wrong and right minds. :)

However, I do know why I am here and it really doesn't matter if I am in a unique state of mind or not. One thing I know; I am in Someone's hands and it sure feels great in there.

Anonymous said...

hey ummmm....did you realize that its not feb 27th yet? just wonderin....blahhhh....hope you get to "normal" soon unlike the rest of us! lol

Laughter said...

Yeah... I just noticed that it said Monday... Monday?? Ooops. :-Þ

TripleNine said...

It might be cold, but I'de be willing to bet it still isn't as cold as over here in N.E.

As for the chocolates, I'de love one :)

Kate said...

Blast! I seem to have posted a comment that didn't go up. My solution to cold is this:

1. Wear wool sock all the time. Don't bother with shoes. That way you can get to where you are going quicker by slidding over the cold stone.

2. Take up chic stocking caps.

3. Get your sister to mail you fingerless gloves. I cussed every February day last year that I didn't have a pair, and then I think I found them in my suitcase a month or two later.

4. Cultivate a close and personal relationship with the porch. Every Friday I would clean it really well- neccessary step given its population of pigeons- and watch what hours the sun is out. Arrange your work hours so that you can be out there when the sun is actually on the porch. I think it might leave it around 3 or 4.
Take out a book, Bible, glass of water, and two white plastic chairs. Bask for as long as possible.

That last one did my heat-deprived body worlds of good!

Love ya! So glad you are there.

Kristi said...

Hmmm...it better warm up by the time I get there or I'll be very upset!!