3/24/06

101 ways to keep from loosing your readership

POST
post
POST
poooooooooooost.
Write something, say something to stave off the downward tide.
Ok, that wasn't 101 ways, but I think four will do the job. Yes?


So, how about this. The other day we were searching through our rather bare cupboards for something to make for supper (the cupboards were somewhat bare because we don't like grocery shopping, can you believe that??). We had several partial meals; beans, but no ground beef to make chili; potatoes, but no cheese or sour cream to make yummy baked potatoes. We also had chicken breast, but nothing to eat it with. We were in a pretty dismal predicament. Lisa, Sarah and I may have been able to scrounge about and find some strange combination to stave off hunger, but we also cook for The Boss, or Steve-the-forensic-scientist. Anyway, as I was saying it really wouldn't be nice for him if we tossed him out to the wolves, so on we searched. If only we had some rice... then we could make a delicious stir-fry, but no...... But wait! We looked at each other with wild surmise! ...No... we shouldn't, no way, baaad idea... but we need rice... One of us had recently put some rice into a CLEAN sock to use as a heating pad (microwave it) to keep oneself warm in the chill of the evening. A lot of rice. ...Oooh boy, the temptation grew. We didn't mind that it had been in a sock, but what about the Boss?? Would he understand? Would he care? Would he be grossed out by rice from a sooock??

We needed rice for supper, so we used the rice for supper. The rice for supper did not kill us. And we "forgot" to mention to the Boss from where the rice for supper had originated. Now the question is: Will we go to hell because we didn't tell him?

Hmmm...

12 comments:

Kate said...

I laugh!!!!! you are oh so funny! :-)

(Happy Birthday)

drewey fern said...

!!!!! I think you'll get bonus points in Heaven for creativity:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RACHEL WHOM I LOVE! Have a wooonnnnnnnnderful day filled with love and warm fuzzies. God bless YOU!

Mrs. RF said...

Chuckle. And, Happy Birthday dear rice cooking lady.

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ya' got me to chucklin' at your Food Funnies!!! 8~)

Happy Birthday!!!

Marie said...

well as long as you did it, cooked and gave the rice to Mr. Boss, in His name, you'll get rewarded for it. You know how Jesus says if someone gives someone else a cup of water in his name it doesn't go unrewarded;)

Was the sock clean, as in hadn't been worn on a foot, or if it had been was washed after?

Well since you boil/simmer rice all the germs would be cooked out ot if.

It makes a great story.:)

Happy birthday Rachel, over there! From over here! I'm not sure if you'll get this in time.... hum, I'm sending this to you at 3:43 pm ish...let me think...yeah you could still get this in time.

I'd give you a birthday hug if I could but I can't so... here's me sending you the thought of a hug, it's the thought that counts they say;)

Love ya, Marie

melrandall said...

It's still officially your birthday here, so I say have a HAPPY one! even if it's tomorrow! WEird!

And, you crack me up. Let us hope monsieur Steve is not blog-savvy.

TripleNine said...

Yeah, what Melissa said. Time differences are weird. Hope you had a great day and are really having a wonderful time over there.

As for the rice, there is a reason for the saying, 'Ignorance is bliss'. :)

Anonymous said...

the question is not What will happen because you did not tell him; But rather what would happen if you did tell him?

Happy (late) birthday!!!!!
Love you bunches!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Answer to your question. Hope not. Maybe six more years in purgatory. Otherwise, rather good idea. One might suppose you is a yankee.

Hmm... I suppose your eyelids are shut and your birthday is past, but not here,it's only 1130P so maybe I'm not late.

Blessings through the coming year. Hope its awesome and the veil of this world thin -- and throw in a smiole or two.

KJ said...

I'm late now no matter where one lives but I still wish you a HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY, DEAR RACHEL!!!!!
Have a wonderful year with God's rich blessings as well. You are fabulous and I miss you but am so happy for you being in Israel! I love yoU!

Kristi said...

Ha ha! You naughty girls! Hmm...should I bring some extra food with me? (starts feeling some trepidation...) Maybe I'll bring some rice in a big sock! ;-D

Anonymous said...

is your back going to hell now because you have no warm pack??