7/31/05

Oh yeah

Life has a funny way of washing in and blowing all good intentions out the door. I had intended to post with relative frequency. I also intended to do a lot of other things, but I guess God thought they would have been too boring. I'm still working on that one.

In the mean time, I have nothing of consequence to write. My brain has grown chummy with a puddle of molasses and for fear of starting a cerebral war, I shall not insist too strongly that I pump something worthwhile onto the screen.

So, instead, I'll just mutter about this and that. And if I start to remind you of the crazy man wandering down the streets of Jerusalem, just smile and nod, I'll get over it sometime.

Maybe.

There's been a lone goose hanging about the Demme's dock recently. Which, for those of you who are not informed, is unusual in the middle of the summer. Geese mate for life. They never divorce. Thank God. So. Anyway... I have grown accustomed to its face... beautiful, smooth, black feathers. White chin strap. Nose a tad long, but countenance pleasant over all. Dark eyes, pools of quiet water. Long, elegantly muscled neck and broad wings, ever ready to swiftly carry it away. I have decided he will be my goose prince and I will name him Squishy. No, wait! Just kidding. How pathetic.

From my wanderings through a multitude of blogs, I have come to this conclusion: I will not use the words "musings", "rants", or "ramblings" in my blog unless I have no other recourse. In and of themselves, they are dandy words, however, they have just been used far too many times, turning them into something one might refer as "the proverbial" word. I truly dislike blending in with the crowd when it comes to writing. Whether I've succeeded in separating myself or not is entirely another discussion. For another day. Thank you.

And here, to end this for now, is a quote: "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955) German-born American Physicist

7 comments:

Mo said...

Aw, but "rant" is such a brilliant catch-all word. It implies strong emotion bordering on neurosis, and makes for the most entertaining reading. I don't think it can be overused, but hey... it's your blog. Well, there's my defense of a word for the day.

*Waves* Hey Rachel... Long time no see...

Loreo said...

I don't know who you are, Rachel, but I like your blog! Literary and amusing. :)

Booker said...

unfortunately, Laughter, you are the same as at least half of all bloggers. The desire to be different and yourself and to have no expectations placed upon you. Isn't it great knowing you fit right in with the crowd? :)

Laughter said...

Truely Ryu, yes. I knew I did blend with most others, I just felt like mumbling about the other possibility, however distant it might be.

Loreo, thanks! :-) I think if you ask your youngest sister, she might be able to tell you what family I belong to. She knows my two older sisters fairly well.

Hey Mo! Long time not see for sure! I agree with what you said about the word "rant" but I shall continue to avoid its use within my blogdom.

Anonymous said...

Your goose prince made me smile. :O)

And Loreo, Rachel is my little sister!

Well, she used to be shorter.

-Lisa

Moments Of Clarity said...

Squishy, that's cute :) I didn't know that geese mate for life.

I have noticed how many musing, rant & rambling blogs are out there as well. I don't think that I desire so much to be different than all the other blogs. I just hope that my personality translates alright into words and that I'm not too boring!

Laughter said...

You're not boring Clarity, in fact, your blog is quite interesting and well written. =)