8/3/05

Tears

The purpose of this post is not to be depressing. I've been building this collection of verses for a while, and if anyone knows of one I don't have, please feel free to leave it as a comment.


Luke 6:21 "Blessed are those who are hungry. They will be satisfied. Blessed are those who are crying. They will laugh."

Psalm 126:5 "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy."

2 Timothy 1:4 "I remember how you cried, and I want to see you, because that will make me truly happy."

Ecclesiasties 3:4 "A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;"

John 11:35 "Jesus wept."

Lamentations 3:49-50 "My eyes will flow without ceasing, without respite, until Jehovah from heaven looks down and sees..."

Psalm 56:8 "You have kept record of my days of wandering. You have stored my tears in your bottle and counted each of them."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. Ps. 6:6

Happy Hunting

melrandall said...

Good list! Here's some more in the good ol' ESV version:

"For a people shall dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you."
Is. 30:19

"Those who go out weeping...shall come home with shouts of joy...
Ps. 126:5(b)

"...and the Lord Jehovah will wipe away tears from all faces"
Is. 25:8

Laughter said...

Thank you, ladies. :-D