6/20/05

Latine loqui coactus sum

Latin fascinates me. If I was to learn a second language, it might be the one I'd choose... though it's not entirely practical. Unless of course I had a great need to know and understand each scientific name for all of flora and faunadom. However, since I am not a naturalist, I only dabble in the language merely to amuse myself. It's going to be an ever-new activity for me, because I can never remember anything about what I've learned. Words and phrases flee in terror from my mind's interior... not that I blame them. There are days when I'd like to flee myself, but there seems to be an irrevocable attachment.

Here's where I should be continuing with my soliloquy, but that exasperating fly buzzing about my head has shattered my concentration. Or maybe it's the clock ticking loudly in the background. I'm not sure. Now I'm annoyed... I really wanted to add something useful to my blog. Hmm... maybe another time.

I'll just leave you with a cool latin phrase. Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri? Meaning: (At a barbeque) Ever noticed how wherever you stand, the smoke goes right into your face?

7 comments:

JBT2 said...

yes, I did notice how the smoke tends to follow me where ever I go. You won't believe how glad I am to know there is a latin phrase to experss the fact.

Laughter said...

Hahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Of course, who else would praize the vurtue of chaos and insanity?

and turst me, I can be joovenile too...

Teddy Bear said...

hmmm, well then how about fritha?

Laughter said...

Nope. Someone blew my cover, so please go back to your first guess as to my identity. Note my response. Did I actually say no? :)

TripleNine said...

Latin is good, but I would lean toward learning greek. It's still in use, but is good for scholarly pursuits as well.

Laughter said...

Might as well add ancient Hebrew to the list if we're going scholarly.