6/16/05

A map to magnificence

I have decided sleeping is overrated. Just consider the countless hours spent in repose on your bed like an overweight potato. Disgusting, really. So, I have decided to wean myself off sleep to maximize and better use the limited hours of my life. The thought of missing even one is painful to me. I must always be alert to every moment, continuously aware of each happening, marinating myself in every thought and emotional response. If I spend more time in uninterrupted cerebral mullings, I do say, I may just stumble upon the true meaning of life. Maybe my brain will start to swell, grow, expand... move over Einstein, here I come. Soon, anyway. Give me a little time. I've been able to whittle my wasteful hours of slumber down considerably, my consciousness is ballooning... Hang onto your hats everyone! I think I feel an epiphany coming on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is not an epiphany, it is called insanity! And all geniuses have had to struggle with it in one form or another.

Laughter said...

Well, then I'll just have to deal with it, yes? Every good thing comes with a con side. Though in this case, I consider my pro side to faaar outweigh the con. So, all's well.

Anonymous said...

Well, I tried the not-sleeping thing. It's amazing how short the night really is...and the next day you feel sort of weightless. It's interesting, but I don't think it'll lead to anything much more profound than, "Oh where is my brain now?"

Booker said...

Coffee. That is the answer to everything, with plenty of cream and whatever sweetener you prefer...

Laughter said...

The problem for me about coffee is that it makes me chill instead of giving me a kick in the pants... maybe that's why I like to run. :)